- Write guests' names on small index cards and prop in front of a bright piece of fruit at each place setting.
- If you're expecting leftovers or an abundance of dessert items, write each guest's name on a takeout container, tie a quick piece of ribbon around the container's handle, and set it in front of the place setting. Guests will know where to sit and have easy access to a doggie bag!
- Buy pre-made diecuts (that match your party theme) from a local craft store (or Etsy). Then, simply write a guest's name on each one and place them appropriately.
- Want your place cards to do double duty as party favors? Tie a simple tag with the guest's name to a jar of jam, a bag of cookies or candy, a small candle, or other easy favor. (For more ideas on DIY favors, check out 15 Party favors you can make in 15 minutes.)
- Another place card/party favor idea? Find tiny potted plants, then stick labels in the dirt. On one side of the label, name the plant, on the other, the name of the guest.
Friday, September 24, 2010
When prepping for your next dinner party, know that you can make simple place cards in a matter of minutes. Here are five ideas for do-it-yourself cards that will keep everyone organized.